The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Share connections from Designer

In alterxy BI teams, we often need to hit the same data-store - however if shared connections are not adopted in the server environment, there's currently no easy way to share the connections among the team (none that I know of)

Would be great if there were a "share" button on the data connections tab in the designer, so that we could share connections with a team, or export known good connections to a file that can be kept under config-management / version control.

Thank you

Sean

13 Comments
saqibahmad
6 - Meteoroid

Designer version 2019.1 gives connection export option but it is disabled. I couldnt find any way to enable check box so that connection could be exported. Is there anyting I have missed or ?

expoert workflow.PNG

Illya
8 - Asteroid
I'd like to add my voice to this request. Setting up a new scheduler today and having to recreate all of the data connections. Exporting all data connections from one machine to a file that could be imported on another machine would be really useful. Note the machine where the file would be imported may have existing data connections. The import should leave existing connections intact and prompt the user if there is an issue with duplicate connections / names. This feels like a pretty basic piece of functionality and I was surprised it was not already there. Hope you can bump this up the list of requests, thanks.
PSolomonCote
6 - Meteoroid

June 2022... Sad to see that this great suggestion hasn't been implemented yet.