Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Set Image Height

It would be good to be able to constrain the size of an image in the vertical direction as well as the horizontal.  I am currently working on a report that has an image in the middle of a page of text.  If the user inputs an image that is not the same size as my test image, it can push text onto the next page which ruins the report.  Having the image next to the text and constraining horizontally is not an option with this project.

2 Comments
KatieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @StephenR

Thank you for submitting the Reporting idea! We are currently thinking through how to best support dynamic element sizes with repeatable or batched reporting, as we're building out the new Visual Layout tool (Blog Post about the new Tool). I see your challenge with the current tool and this will help me inform my teams on examples of things we want to try and solve for. We really appreciate the input! We'll take this under review as we finish building out the Visual Layout tool.

-Katie

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for your post!

Our product team thinks this is a great idea and feature. However, at this time we do not have an update to the Image tool scheduled for the near future. However, when we do, we will consider this feature and update the post accordingly.