Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Select tool-select fields not selected and unselect fields selected

It would be a huge time saver if you had an option to unselect the fields selected and select the fields not selected in the Select tool.

6 Comments
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@TimO You can Select and Deselect All of the fields at once. You can also highlight all of the fields that you want to select or Deselect and change them as well.

TimO
7 - Meteor

Hi Dan,

I am aware of the select options and they do not do what I am looking for.

I need the option to unselect the fields selected and select the fields not selected in the Select tool.

Thanks,

Tim

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @TimO

So you're looking for an option to just invert the selection?   Select all the ones that are currently not ticked; and at the same time, untick the ones that are selected?

TimO
7 - Meteor
I want to avoid the manual selecting and unselecting. I was hoping that the software could do this for me.

Thanks,
Tim Ozirsky | Customer Experience Senior Manager | Kronos Incorporated
tel: +1 978 947 4217 |

Kronos | Workforce Innovation That Works

Join Kronos on: kronos.com| Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!