Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Select Tool - Cut Functionality

Would be nice to select a bunch of consecutive fields, and cut them and paste them to a different area.  Currently, the only options are to Move to Top or Move to Bottom.  If you want to move somewhere in between, you have to scroll through the whole list.

4 Comments
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'll defer to our products group to comment on the feasibility of this feature, but I do want to mention that there are options with selecting multiple fields and dragging them to the desired position within the Select Tool Configuration:

SelectTIP.png

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Thanks Tara.  Yes, I use the right-click-and-drag quite a bit.  Some of our files have a lot of fields so I have to let it scroll a couple screen lengths if I'm on my laptop.

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

If cutting and pasting is not possible, can we at least have a keyboard shortcut mapped to the Move Up and Move Down options?