Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Select ALL Left/Right within the Join Tool

Our company is still using 9.5 so if this is addressed in 10....I appologize.

Currently the Join Tool Options drop down has [Select-->Select All] and [Select-->Deselect All]. I think an additional [Select-->Select All Left] and [Select-->Select All Right] would be handy.

Thank You

8 Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

It isn't a feature in 10.1 either.  Sounds handy  

mandycgray
8 - Asteroid

Agreed. Simple addition, but would save lots of time in the long run.

pjdit
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I have been wanting this and was going to open a new request, but found this was already here...  would save me lots of time.

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for submitting this idea to the Ideas forum. I can see where this would handy! I'll consider this as we're working on related work. 

DawnR
8 - Asteroid

Please make this happen!!!

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks for submitting an idea. We plan to make some improvements to the Join tool in 2019. We'll consider this feedback when we make those changes. 

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Sorry for the delay on this one. This feature will be available in a upcoming release. Thank you for suggesting it!

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thanks again for suggesting this! This feature is available in the 2019.4 release, available here: https://downloads.alteryx.com