Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Search Facility in Select Tool

Hello Team,

Currently, in the select tool, we have to scroll up or down to check or see the list of the fields. In case, if the user wanted to change the data type, they can scroll into the list. Like, I am working on the mid-size data, and sometimes data contain 300+ fields, if I need to change anything in the data type I have to search by scrolling up or down. 

The idea here is, If you provide a search bar under Field, it will be a great help to all, in case if anyone needs to go for some specific field, the user just types the name in the search bar and make changes quickly. The select tool is important and we used much time while working on the flow. 

Thank you,

Mayank

14 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@RithiS @SeanAdams We've discussed this idea before!

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello, @patrick_digan, Is there any chance my idea will accept?

I feel if Alteryx starts providing a search facility in the select it will help a lot of users.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Learner09 I don't have any control over what ideas get accepted/added into the product, but this particular idea is one that several aces have mentioned to the folks at alteryx before. There are a lot of good enhancements on the ideas board, and the good folks at alteryx decide which ones to add to the product with each release. There are a large number of different factors that they have to think about. 

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @Learner09  we appreciate the feedback! We’re doing our best to ensure all product ideas are reviewed and commented on by Alteryx when the necessary criteria are met. Be sure to check out our updatedSubmission Guidelines for any board or criteria related questions! 

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hi,  @CristonS Thank you for the response. I will look forward to more updates on the idea. 

Cheers!

MikeLR
8 - Asteroid

This one would be really helpful

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Please add this, if I earned a penny for every seccond I've spend trying to locate a field (because there is no search box), I'd be millionaire already. 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Stay tuned! This feature should be coming soon :)

NJ

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Can't wait!!! @NicoleJ