The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Scrolling functionality added to Workflow shelf

I really like that I can scroll -- using my mouse -- between the tool groups in Alteryx. Can this UX be added to scroll through my workflows? I usually have a bunch open, and this functionality would be awesome to have there, too! 🙂

PS: Yes, I know I can do Ctrl+Tab...but mouse scrolling is more efficient.

idea.gif

16 Comments
Nick612Haylund
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Thanks @KylieF & @gabrielvilella !

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback! Our product team would like to add the scroll functionality to workflow shelf and is looking into including this feature to an upcoming release. We'll update this idea again once we get closer to this feature's release.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Alteryx currently allows you to open many workflow tabs.  If necessary, you can use the >> button to see a complete list.  I propose a scrolling feature.

If your mouse is over the tab labels, the mouse scroll feature should move the tabs left and right, just like the button functions for the tool groups and tool icons.

Cheers,

Mark

Nick612Haylund
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Coming up to the 2 year anniversary of this one...hope we get this! Still is clunky to get to other workflows when we have so many open 🙂

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Scrolling-functionality-added-to-Workflow-sh...

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi Mark & Nick, I am merging these ideas together to capitalize on upvotes.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

Hi all, there were unexpected complications with implementing this idea that weren't planned for when initially scoping the request. We appreciate your patience.