The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Schedule Every N Days

Products Team: Could you tell me if this is on the future road map or not?

It's something that other software does utilize, and I've seen similar requests on this message board.

Many companies use per period, quarter, year, etc. that aren't equal lengths or same days each month.

By saying every 364 days, you can schedule a yearly report. If your 4 quarters are unequal length, you can schedule 4 times (1st day of each quarter) at 364 days, recurring.

We have lengths of every 28 days for monthly reports (not 30/31). Or every 90 days. Or 180 days. Or every 14 days.

Being able to Schedule Every N Days moves you from owning a scheduler, to a providing a Competitive Scheduler.

7 Comments
ScottDexter
6 - Meteoroid

I would like to schedule a job to run on a different schedule every Monday and Tuesday but the scheduler is not robust enough to handle this request, unless I know what days it is going to land on from a date perspective. In other tools I can select a job and have multiple schedules with a variety of different options. Like run every hour on the hour for Monday and Tuesday when reporting is critical for our attendance numbers on Wednesday - Sunday just run once every day. It should be simple. Lets make this happen Alteryx!

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!

alison
7 - Meteor

Or even N weeks. Most companies have a fiscal calendar that is more relevant than the general calendar.

DanielG
12 - Quasar

I could use this functionality too.

mday
5 - Atom

I could use this functionality as well.

alex
11 - Bolide

Client trying to run a report every other Friday.  Should be simple to add in.