Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Sampling Options in Input Tool

Hi Alteryx -

It would be nice if we could include some of the sampling functions in the Input tool. For example, I am creating a random 10% sample from a large data set but in order to do this I need to first input the entire data set then create the sample. This takes processing time and effort.  Ideally, in the Input configuration I would like to see the option to create samples without having to load in the entire data set. Similar to Record Limit but with added functionality. 

Thanks, 

Derek 

3 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I second your idea Derek - if you could specify "read top X rows" or "read random 5%" then the IO time would be substantially reduced for large data sets.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We appreciate your idea and feedback! We strive to improve our product and insure our users are being heard. Make sure to check out our Submission Guidelines and check out ideas submitted by other users and the other idea boards.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes