Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Salesforce input tool and field naming

Working with the Salesforce Input tool, most of the tables I work with contain the QualifiedAPIName (technical name) for each field, where I would like to eventually output the labels as seen in Salesforce itself (much more user friendly for end users).

To get this result, I need to access the table FieldDefinition with another Salesforce Input tool and the use a Dynamic Rename. This is quite simple, yet need to be done every time.

Per_0-1596783583621.png

Could the Salesforce Tool be enhanced to have an option to do this dynamic rename "in-tool", as a simple toggle for the user.

I am particular interested in hearing from other Salesforce Input tool users, if they see the same issue, or I am missing something obvious?

5 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback! I've updated the labels associated with this idea to insure the necessary product teams have visibility and we'd love to hear feedback from our other users as well on this. If you haven't already be sure to check out our updated Submission Guidelines for any board or criteria related questions!

brucedataguy
8 - Asteroid

@Per I like your idea, as it's similar to one I will submit.  In the Python SF Input Tool, the business name of an object is returned (e.g., Quote).  In the Macro-based version of SF Input, the technical name is returned (e.g., QuotePart__c, QuoteService__c). What happens now is there are two occurrences of "Quote" to select from with the SF Input tool.

Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

@Per 

Hello Per!  Would you be able to describe to me how to were able to pull the field names in from the Field Definition object in the Salesforce input tool?  I am having some trouble getting some data to appear.

Thank you for your help! 

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi @Jon-Knepper,

I unfortunately no longer have access to this workflow, so cannot check exactly what was done. However, I do not recall any no special tricks was involved, so should be possible (ignoring any Tool/Salesforce changes since then!)

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes