The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Run up to Selected Tool

The idea is to have a Run option, where the workflow runs everything up to the selected tool (Like the Cache functionality does).

You select the tool, hit Run Up and the workflows executes everything "before" the selected tool.

That'll make developing much easier, specially when dealing with big workflows and constant changing data.

Aguisande_0-1649437823125.png

22 Comments
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

been wanting this since day 1 (and so has, literally, every single user that I know; in fact it's one of the first things they ask).

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Cosigned!

This falls into the category of “Alteryx Deisgner is an IDE and should have the associated functionality”.

It also is fundamentally linked with other needed functionality like orchestration.

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Love this idea. Would this only affect the data stream of the selected tool?  If I had parallel streams "a" and "b" and selected one tool in the stream "a", I would only want the tools that were predicates to run.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is crucial for big workflows, especially for workflows with API connections or complex macros that sometimes lose the metadata for unknown reasons.

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

would be very useful. Specially with how the development can be streamlined.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Love this idea - and as @mbarone says, I looked for it on day 1!

bcflood
5 - Atom

This would be very helpful for trouble shooting the middle of a workflow!

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ditto what everyone else said. 

For multiple branches you can select multiple stop points

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This is another great idea that would make debugging way more easy !!

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I like this idea!