Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Run Teradata Stored Procedures and Macros

Would be nice if Alteryx had the ability to run a Teradata stored procedure and/or macro with a the ability to accept input parameters.  Appears this ability exists for MS SQL Server.  Seems odd that I can issue a SQL statement to the database via a pre or post processing command on an input or output, but can't call a stored procedure or execute a macro.  Only way we can seem to call a stored procedure is by creating a Teradata BTEQ script and using the Run Command tool to execute that script.  Works, but a bit messy and doesn't quite fit the no-coding them of Alteryx.

12 Comments
JCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

This feature is not planned at the moment. Please keep voting on it and adding comments so this gets prioritized accordingly.

stevenbarsalou
5 - Atom

I no longer work at an organizatiion with a Teradata implementation, but I also agree that it could be very useful to be able to run marocs and store procedures.  This should be as simple as running short SQL statements like "Execute <your macro name>(<input parameter 1>, <input parameter 2>)".

In the past, I created macros that were very long complex queries and called them from a Microsoft Access pass-thru query.  The same type of functionality should be available in Alteryx too.

ScottG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@JCR Any update on this functionality?  Still not planned at the moment?

JCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

No, this is still not planned. We'll continue to evaluate as demand increases.

Best,

Alex

bensmith
5 - Atom

We have 15 users across 3 departments, and our enterprise BI data is housed in Teradata. It would be extremely useful to build stored procedures for users to submit through Alteryx. This would add a welcomed layer of abstraction for the group of non-SQL users - to which most belong, since that's the appeal of Alteryx. In its current form it's almost easier to write a Teradata query and bring the data straight into Power Pivot.

+1 (15) requests

bamico
5 - Atom

My Google search of "Alteryx execute Teradata stored procedure" brought me here. Our team can also benefit from this functionality. 

Please add another vote to the request to add this feature.

Thank you.

thamilton
5 - Atom

We need this as well. I would think adding functionality to run any non-specific SQL statement should be simple.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Hi All,

We're not planning on adding functionality specifically for Teradata, but we are looking at enhancing the pre- and post-sql statements so that users can execute stored procedures from the Input tool.

Best,

Alex

Anuj
8 - Asteroid

this will be very usefull for us here too