Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Run Now from Scheduler

I was looking at the ideas history to see if this was already posted and couldn't find it, but feel free to merge if there is a existing one.

The motivation for this is that I have a workflow that works perfectly when you hit the run button in Designer, but fails when runs from schedule (To local computer).

So the idea is to allow the users to run the workflows from within the scheduler, once a workflow has been scheduled (So it runs exactly as it'll be when the schedule triggers it, but without having to reschedule every time).

runFromHere.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this possible in old (I mean very old)  versions of Designer?

3 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your idea and feedback!

I'm unsure if this feature was present in old versions of Designer, but we appreciate the insight into how users would like our scheduler to behave, regardless of if it's a returning feature request or a new feature request. Since our scheduler is an add on product, it would be great to hear from other scheduler users if this feature would be beneficial for them as well, so be sure to share this idea if you can!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Good idea - would be great for testing!