Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Round Up/Down Formula

It will be great if we have a round down or round up function just like excel in Alteryx. I know we can use the left function after converting the number to string, but it becomes difficult when the decimal value is huge.

4 Comments
NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Not Planned

This functionality already exists! You can use the CEIL function around your equation to round up, and the FLOOR function to round down. Different terminology, but same functionality!

Example: 

• Original calculation: 10/4.5 = 2.222222
  • Round Up: CEIL(10/4.5) = 3
  • Round Down: FLOOR(10/4.5) = 2

Thanks!

NJ

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Under Review

Upon further investigation, I am retracting my previous comment 😊

Designer Product team is currently investigating inclusion of this idea ** in conjunction with other requested new formula functions... Stay tuned! 

NJ

** FYI: for users looking to round up or down to the nearest integer, we already have functions for that: CEIL to round up, FLOOR to round down. So this idea will be explored as a new function with capability of rounding up or down to a specified decimal place or value (example, to the nearest 10, or to the nearest 0.001). Thanks!

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in our 23.1 release! 

Rather than adding a new function, we actually modified the existing FLOOR and CEIL functions to include an optional parameter that allows you to specify a multiple, if desired (existing formulas will remain the same - if no multiple provided, it will round as it currently does to the nearest integer). 

Examples: 

• Floor(27, 5) = 25
  • Ceil(15.123, 0.25) = 15.25
  • Floor(123.456) = 123

Enjoy!!