Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Right-Click option for Select/De-select on tools with Select functionality

Alteryx gods,

Please can you include right-click options for select/de-select in all tools that have select functionality, including:

Select

Join

Join Multiple

Append

etc.

Currently this functionality is hidden in the menu which goes against the look and feel of the rest of the product.

I know this was raised by @MarqueeCrew back in the day, and I'm surprised this was never implemented.

Please, Alteryx Gods. It would make me very happy.

M.

3 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @mceleavey thanks for the feedback! I don't suppose you can point to Mark's post on this? When this idea meets the necessary criteria, we will make sure the Product team reviews it.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CristonS ,

I think this is the original post, but I know there are other users who have requested this too:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/SELECT-TOOL-Right-Click-to-Select-Fields/idi...

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes