The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Right Click Save

While there are many keyboard shortcuts, we primarily interact with the workflow using the mouse. In order to improve efficiencies and easily create saving habits, we should have the ability to Save our progress by right clicking on the workflow tab. Ideally, it should have Save and Save As. 

Current:

alatorre_0-1619651116658.png

New:

alatorre_2-1619651533300.png

3 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @alatore, currently, Saving is still one click away (Save As two clicks), but I definitely understand the habit of right-clicking! We strive to improve our product and ensure our users are being heard, so as soon as this post meets the necessary criteria, we will pass this along to our Product team for review. Make sure to check out our Submission Guidelines and check out ideas submitted by other users and the other idea boards!

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I also stumbled across this idea yesterday to rename a workflow by double clicking on the workflow tab and it saving to a temp directory which i like: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/click-tab-to-rename-in-designer/idi-p/38348

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes