Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Revert Annotation Behavior to pre-2019.3

Before 2019.3, you could edit the default annotation that Alteryx generated, but now if you go to change the annotation it's either 100% your own annotation or 100% the default annotation left by Alteryx.

I found it useful to retain a portion of Alteryx's default annotation (e.g., a long table name when setting up a database connection) while being able to cull the superfluous portions (e.g., didn't want to see the Source / Catalog). Now, if I want to retain the Table name I have to type it out.

6 Comments
jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thanks for suggesting this! In the 2019.4 release (https://downloads.alteryx.com), you can once again edit the default annotation.

justindavis
10 - Fireball

@jpozI'm on 2019.4.4 and it is still not an option. Once I go to edit that default annotation, it goes away in favor of whatever I type. Rather than giving me option to simply edit what is there by default.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

@justindavis You are right. I'm sorry, I made a mistake. This fix didn't quite make the 2019.4 release.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your idea! This feature has been implemented in the latest release, 2020.1! Check out the release notes for this version here!

justindavis
10 - Fireball

@KylieF @jpoz something is still off about this, and it's probably an element of the behavior I didn't mention in my initial post. In 2020.1.1 if I want to delete the annotation entirely, I can't do so. As a workaround, I have to delete the default annotation, then hit the spacebar. Why would that be the case?

I am hoping for a full revert to the behavior that was pre-2019.3 It should be:

1. Default annotation (if you want it to stay, leave it / don't touch it)
  2. When you click to edit annotation, it allows you to edit the default annotation -- meaning alter it slightly, replace it entirely, or delete it so there is no annotation
justindavis
10 - Fireball

Why is it that you still can't just remove the annotation entirely with a simply highlight + delete?