The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Reporting tools to allow HEX codes for setting row / column colours

Having just participated in weekly challenge 293 there is a requirement to output a table with certain conditional row colours. However the configuration is based on rgb colour codes, whereas the desired output displays the colours using hex codes. 95% of the development time on this challenge was to get matching colour formatting, so being able to insert hex codes would improve this experience.

cgoodman3_0-1637588819650.png

cgoodman3_1-1637588840307.png

cgoodman3_2-1637588900043.png

4 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @cgoodman3, thanks for your feedback! It would be beneficial for our teams to understand how many users would value this sort of update, so be sure to share this with any other users you'd believe would benefit!  

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I suspect not a huge number of users I suspect, it was more a frustration when trying to colour match exactly the desired output in a weekly challenge, so it's reverse engineering something. I guess it just seems odd to store in the xml the hex code but the input is the rgb values.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

How long has it been since Alteryx has touched the Reporting tools? I'd love to see some improvements in this part of the product, it would be so helpful. The UI and usability of the Reporting tools look like software from the 90's, no offense.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes