Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Render to an existing Excel workbook

when you render out to an excel file, the excel file is created as a new file.  You cannot render to an existing excel file.

I'd like to see this functionality.  I have a client who has a workbook with multiple formatted sheets and they'd like to render an addiitional sheet of formatted data out from Alteryx into the existing workbook.

13 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I agree, this would be a useful add.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the feedback!

We appreciate the insight into what sort of new functionalities would assist users in our existing tool sets as it helps us understand how they are being used in a bit greater detail. Upon a preliminary review, your idea looks good to product once the necessary like criteria is met. In the mean time, be sure to review our Submission Guidelines if you haven't yet as they actually include information on how the idea boards work after an idea is submitted as well.

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@KylieF 

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying or asking for ->  "Upon a preliminary review, your idea looks good to product once the necessary like criteria is met."

Can you please be specific about what you are asking me to do?  I  reviewed the submission guidelines before posting.

Are you asking for me to explain in more detail why a user wants to be able to output an additional formatted sheet to an existing Excel workbook?  

Thanks in advance for your guidance

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Dyanmomo,

Apologizes for the confusing wording.

We have a like count criteria for ideas that requires an idea to reach 10 likes before it can be brought to our product team for review, and that was what I was referring to in my statement about 'necessary like criteria'. Your idea covers all the components our product would like to see when reviewing an idea, including a use case, so your idea overall looks good and needs no additional information unless other users would like to include their use cases or share their support in the comments.

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@KylieF - got it, I'll work on the likes!

CameronSteele
6 - Meteoroid

This also comes up often for me with clients. 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Really great idea! Lets hope this one gets added

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is a very common request - would be a good add to the platform.

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@KylieF - 20 Likes and a bunch of comments..and from lots of Aces too!  Any chance this might be reviewed soon?

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Dynamomo - Due to a large number of factors involved with the idea feedback loop with product, I can't guarantee when an idea will get reviewed. However, based on the amount of likes and ACEs present I would consider it a candidate for review in the near future.