The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Render Excel File

I would like an separate tool for rendering excel file, or more options in the render tool. Currently you have to manually give the size of the output sheet, and it makes all of the columns on the spreadsheet look odd. Having additional options like "Auto page size" would be tremendous. 

5 Comments
japurma23
5 - Atom

It is frustrating that we have to fit an excel output into a paper size for the report style in the Render Tool.  Having a Paper size "Excel Export" option for Excel File would be helpful as my excel file output will not be printed and has lots of data.

ThizViz
11 - Bolide

Just checking, because I've helped people with some "funky" Excel outputs... are you using a layout tool prior to the render tool? Seemed to help for us.

SKNOWLES
6 - Meteoroid

Yes. The issue is when writing more than one tab in the excel output.Additionally if the output you are doing is variable in size and in number of columns.

You have to pick the "paper size" before outputting. This leaves some tabs looking "okay" and others looking terrible.

I have tried running macros after the fact using the command tool, but these require the user to be actively logged into the box. Any plans running from a shared user (like the gallery) cannot open excel.

ScottShimer
7 - Meteor

In addition, the render tool does not support multiple sheets in an Excel workbook.  If I try and combine the sheets into a workbook the formatting is lost.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes