Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Remarking your formula

// This is my new formula
MAX([Price] * [Quantity],0)
// This was my old formula
// [Price] * [Quantity]

Imagine being able to SELECT your text block (could be many lines) and right-clicking to see an option to Comment or Un-Comment those configuration statements.  I thought that you'd like it too.

Cheers,

Mark

5 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Whew! This idea has been around awhile. Thanks for submitting. We're making some improvements to the expression editor and this looks right in line with the types of changes. I'll share it with the PM leading that work. 

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: New Idea

Hi @MarqueeCrew,

Are you thinking about this?

MultiCursor.gif

Press Alt to switch to multi cursor mode and Alt + Ctrl to select locations individually [tested with 2019.1 and 2019.2].

Best,

PaulN

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@PaulN thanks for sharing! 

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

nice 🙂

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello! 

I'm updating this idea to implemented we have pushed this feature using the method shown by @PaulN!