Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Release files once a workflow is closed

I notice that at least my Output files are tied up "being used by another program" after the workflow is closed.  I have to actually close out of Alteryx to release the file.  The file s/b released as soon as the workflow using it is done running.  Failing that, as soon as the workflow is closed vs having to close Alteryx completely.

...or is this just my issue?

4 Comments
jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

I'm not seeing that behavior. Can you provide either a workflow or step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this?

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Hi,

After some testing: It's actually when you close everything but leave Alteryx open and try and move the folder that the Workflow you closed is in.

The error message is can't move the folder. It's in use by another program. This is with the Workflow saved and closed but with Alteryx still open.

I can even create a Workflow and point it to a couple files in one folder and close and not save the Workflow but Alteryx is still open and I still can move the folder.

Maybe it has something to do with our system. It's not a huge deal, just a bit annoying. I may have to close out of several other Workflows - then close Alteryx to move the folder I just worked on to a new location.

Workflow is closed. All inputs are closed. Alteryx is still open and tying up the folder from being moved.

Error:

[cid:image002.jpg@01D5416B.45548210]

Thanks,

Brad Shannon, MA Finance
Financial Analyst - Geo Analytics
Express Scripts

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Brad1 I created a workflow that outputs a file to a folder, the workflow is saved and the file has been output. I close the workflow. Alteryx is still open, and go to rename the folder and it works. I am wondering if perhaps this issue was fixed in a recent version or Alteryx, or if there are reproduction steps I am missing?

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes