Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Refresh Salesforce access tokens

I installed version 4.0.0 of the Salesforce Input tool since the old tool is deprecated. When I open a saved workflow that has Salesforce inputs, the inputs display an immediate error, for example "Error: Salesforce Input (95): 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://servings.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v42.0/sobjects/Task/describe/". The workflow will not run until I click into each Salesforce input and then click outside of it again to make it refresh, which takes a few seconds each time. I'm guessing this has to do with Alteryx saving an expired OAuth access token and trying to pull updated metadata.

8 Comments
dcoelho-nhld
7 - Meteor

I second this, very annoying having to click each input every time I want to run the workflow. 

dalym
7 - Meteor
I agree this needs to be fixed. If this will prevent a scheduled process from running this will be a significant problem...
calloni
9 - Comet

OMG this is very frustrating... Almost a year since first reported, this maybe a problem as my ORG is heavily using Salesforce and I am trying to hook Alteryx to it.

dalym
7 - Meteor
@bora_perusic I was provided your name in another related post. Do you have any information on updates being made to the Salesforce connector? This is still a major issue...
bora_perusic
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@dalym and all,

thanks for posting on the Community. We are currently re-thinking the way we handle OAuth credentials (among others) and we have a Salesforce connector update on our roadmap, but I cannot be more specific on the timing, depends on resources available and popularity of other ideas as well. We will be targeting second half of 2020, but, please, do not consider this to be any commitment or promise

yash05
5 - Atom

Hi @bora_perusic,

I would like to check, did your team managed to work on the issue ?

If i want to schedule workflow on gallery which contains data from Salesforce input tool using custom sql reference, it will not work from 2nd time onward since the authentication required to be refresh by opening the working & clicking on to it.

Thanks

Robert_Ziarno
5 - Atom

@bora_perusic  Any update on this issue?

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes