Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Record Limit -- Publish a warning/message to Results

The ability to limit the number of records (either on a specific input tool, or via the Workflow Properties) is super useful when developing a workflow...

...but how many times do you forget that a record limit was set and then spend ridiculous amounts of time trying to figure out why something isn't working properly? (I can't be the only person this has happened to...).

Wouldn't it be fantastic if a warning/message was shown in the workflow results (e.g. "Input Tool (n) has a record limit set"
or "Record Limits are set on the Workflow Properties")?

6 Comments
Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

I would also consider visually flagging the Input Data tools(s) as I don't always read the workflow results and in a big workflow the message could get lost.

Hugo
9 - Comet

Definitly agree with Bob's idea - please implement! It's not always obvious when moving from development to running full datasets

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Very very good idea - this is a mandatory check before deployment of apps, and would be very helpful

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

Thanks for the idea. We'll consider this for a future release.

Best,

Alex

Hugo
9 - Comet

Hi AlexP,

Could you also consider having the warning/visual indicator to show when a Calgary Input has any Queries? We often use Calgary inputs so that we can restrict to a single instance (e.g. customer) for testing before running large workflows

Regards,

Hugo

Crossair
7 - Meteor

I would support this strongly and add to this suggestion that it would help if the icon color would be grey or the icon flashes or whatever