Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Read Tableau Extract Files

Right now we can create Tableau extract files (.tde), but cannot read them into Alteryx -- this limits the partnership of these two companies.
Please add the functionality to import .tde files,
Best,
Jeremy

42 Comments
sakenk
6 - Meteoroid
I second that idea. A lot of the work we do is with both Alteryx and Tableau, so having the ability to read a .tde is a game changer
javaucher
5 - Atom
I third that! It would a game changer!
javaucher
5 - Atom
I third that! It would a game changer!
kevin_das
5 - Atom
Excellent idea - this would be so useful!
anna_kludka
5 - Atom
I love the idea and looking forward to seeing this in Alteryx
brianprestidge
8 - Asteroid
Would be a great addition for so many use cases and would further strengthen the link between the two products. The idea of being able to explore and carry out advanced analytics on .tde files would excite many and provide another reason for Tableau users to introduce Alteryx in to their environment.
rdoptis
11 - Bolide

Currently, Tableau offers an API and resources to create TDEs, but does not support the reading of them in anything other than their products. While I agree this feature would be very useful, this ball is in Tableau's court. 

JCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

+1 @rdoptis This is something I've been regularly discussing with Tableau. Without an API there's nothing we can do about it. Hopefully this will make its way up their backlog as more of you request the feature.

kevinbird15
9 - Comet

I have some .tde files that I was hoping to combine in alteryx, but this doesn't appear to be possible as far as I can tell.   It would be cool if .tde files could be used as an input.  

dataMack
12 - Quasar
Everyone wants this, but it depends on Tableau permitting it to happen- it's not an Alteryx limitation. Currently, Tableau doesn't let anyone other than Tableau read TDEs. I'm hopeful that the recent move between Qlik and Alteryx to permit the same thing with the Qlik version of a TDE would help encourage Tableau to follow suit.