Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Range in 'IN' functionality

Hello,

Enhancement of 'IN' functionality (ie. in Filter tool), so using range instead of citing particular values for example:
instead [ID] IN (1,2,3,52,53,54,100,101,102) something like that [ID] IN (1-3,52-54,100-102).

7 Comments
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I would use this feature if it was available.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Awesome idea @Pawel_Paleczny !!!

This would be so useful!

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I support this idea @Pawel_Paleczny!

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Pawel_Paleczny this would be good to have as it would replicate the select records functionality where you can specify a range.

However I have couple of questions:

- Just having a look at the IN statement in SQL I am not sure if you can specify a range like how you have shown - https://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_in.asp therefore how important is it to you that Alteryx syntax is inline with other common languages?

- Because there are no other qualifiers, how do you expect the value 52-54 to behave, is it to include 52 and 54, or only return 53 as the value between the range? 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

This is an amazing Idea @Pawel_Paleczny. I support this idea 🙂👍

I like/agree with @cgoodman3 point of view too. Just a thought Instead of embedding it in the IN function maybe we can create it similar to the Between-https://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_between.asp function of SQL.

I am ok with however it will be implemented. I support the concept of this Idea 😀👍

Pawel_Paleczny
9 - Comet

Hello!

@atcodedog05 thanks! Your idea to use BETWEEN statement will be perfect here!

@cgoodman3 I believe that BETWEEN functionality will resolve all problems! You're right re IN statement in SQL however my idea was based on real case where I had to type all values from my list and creating range will reduce significantly time spend on it :)

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes