The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Quantum Computing Interface

This may be a bit of a pipe dream but having an interface that would automatically and efficiently implement quantum computing functionality against different back ends would position Alteryx to be a user friendly interface to the quantum computing realm. My feeling is that, at the end of the day, most people will know quantum programming about as well as they currently know GPU programming, which is to say not at all. They'll need an easy-to-use tool to translate their wants to some form of quantum speed-up. Q#, Qiskit, Cirq and Bra-ket are neat, but suppose Alteryx had a "quantum solver" tool that would handle a lot of the dirty work of setting up, say, a quantum Grover Search, where the user just describes what they need.

I know some of the heavy hitters are already trying to simplify the interface to the quantum realm (e.g. as of 1/1/2021: Google CirqMicrosoft Q#IBM Aqua, AWS Braket all moving beyond basic enablement into realms of user friendliness.)

Just a thought!

2 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback!

We appreciate hearing all feedback, even ones that may be long term endeavors or dreams, since we are always striving to improve not just our main products but future products, where it might not be such a long term endeavor to implement. I also know our product team would appreciate hearing as many opinions on this topic as we can get, so be sure to share this idea around if able!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes