Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Python tool

Very nice to be able to extend Alteryx with R programs or CMD execution.  Please, please, please add a connection to Python!
21 Comments
petermc129
7 - Meteor

I completely agree. I like what you have done with the R Script tool. I would like to have something similar for python.  I can use the Run Command tool, but this is not a very tight integration.

david_pinsley
7 - Meteor

Absolutely!  I've been trying to figure out a way of passing control to a standalone Python application from within an Alteryx module and return control after the Python code finishes.  I've been poking at it via the run command.  An intrinsic tool with inputs and outputs would be fantastic.

LauraS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks for the feedback!  A Python tool is something we have planned, but have not scheduled it as part of an official release.   We will let you know as things change and when we have a beta available!

Thanks,

Laura

petermc129
7 - Meteor

Great! Thanks Laura :)

david_pinsley
7 - Meteor

Wonderful.  Can't wait to see the python logo in the developer toolkit.  Definitely count me in as a beta tester.

rlwx01
5 - Atom

pls supply an ETA for python, thanks

watt_justine
5 - Atom

Totally agree

I would love to see a Python tool in Alteryx similar to the R script tool

mgrover
5 - Atom

Another upvote for this feature. Any kind of integration with the Python environment without having to use the filesystem would be a great help.

Noting the "Planned" status above - is there a timetable for developing this yet?

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

From the 2016 Gartner report;

• IBM integrates open-source R, Python and now Spark
  • Microsoft integrates Python and R

So it's apparent that Python is becoming a competitive edge in the magic quadrant as well...

Looking forward to that in Alteryx...

rehgan
5 - Atom

Would also love to see the Python tool!!