Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Pre SQL for InDB

Hello,

We use the pre-sql statement of the input to set some parameters of connections. Sadly, we cannot do that in a in-db workflow. This would be a total game-changing feature for us.

Best Regards,

Simon

42 Comments
davidhe
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Agreed this would be a huge add to our in-db functionality! 

Is there any update on enabling the pre/post SQL option for In DB tools?

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @avinash_pasupuleti The best way to promote this idea is to vote for ;)

pankajk
10 - Fireball

+1

Any updates on PreSQL statements within In-DB tools?  Would be useful in multiple scenarios...... I see in 2018, it was 'under review' then what happened?

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @pankajk 

If you're interested in this idea, can you please vote for ?

"I see in 2018, it was 'under review' then what happened?"

Same for all the in-database ideas. Nothing new happened in the last four years while it should be the fer de lance of the product.

Best regards,

Simon

Michael_Draper
7 - Meteor

Another vote for this! Especially to utilize Snowflake, the limitations on SQL in-DB are frustrating. I saw a "Sneaks" preview of a FreeSQL in-DB at Inspire that would be a game-changer if it became a reality!

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @WillM . Can we have an upgrade on that ? It has been under review for several years now with a huge traction of in-db users.

Best regards,

Simon

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

@AlteryxCommunityTeam Hello. Can we have some news on that topic ? under review for 4 years, among the most popular ideas, etc

Best regards,

Simon

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Tagging @AlteryxCommunityTeam 😊

avinavb
6 - Meteoroid

Is not been added since 2017, Is there any technical constrain?