The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Pre SQL for InDB

Hello,

We use the pre-sql statement of the input to set some parameters of connections. Sadly, we cannot do that in a in-db workflow. This would be a total game-changing feature for us.

Best Regards,

Simon

42 Comments
davidhe
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Agreed this would be a huge add to our in-db functionality! 

Is there any update on enabling the pre/post SQL option for In DB tools?

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @avinash_pasupuleti The best way to promote this idea is to vote for ;)

pankajk
10 - Fireball

+1

Any updates on PreSQL statements within In-DB tools?  Would be useful in multiple scenarios...... I see in 2018, it was 'under review' then what happened?

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @pankajk 

If you're interested in this idea, can you please vote for ?

"I see in 2018, it was 'under review' then what happened?"

Same for all the in-database ideas. Nothing new happened in the last four years while it should be the fer de lance of the product.

Best regards,

Simon

Michael_Draper
7 - Meteor

Another vote for this! Especially to utilize Snowflake, the limitations on SQL in-DB are frustrating. I saw a "Sneaks" preview of a FreeSQL in-DB at Inspire that would be a game-changer if it became a reality!

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @WillM . Can we have an upgrade on that ? It has been under review for several years now with a huge traction of in-db users.

Best regards,

Simon

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

@AlteryxCommunityTeam Hello. Can we have some news on that topic ? under review for 4 years, among the most popular ideas, etc

Best regards,

Simon

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Tagging @AlteryxCommunityTeam 😊

avinavb
6 - Meteoroid

Is not been added since 2017, Is there any technical constrain?