The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

PowerPoint 16:9 Widescreen Output Options

Hi,

I'm not finding it anywhere as a current option, but my company uses branded PowerPoint slides using our logo, these slides are in 16.:9 (widescreen) for slide size, but Alteryx won't output to that size even if I choose custom for page size & have Widescreen selected as an option. Could there be an Advanced Options button added that would allow users more output choices, like choosing the 16:9 ratio size output? Without it, I'm having to output the largest map I can create (13 x 9.75 in Report Map tool) and then stretch/shrink to get it to fit the 16:9 slide...for every single map/slide (currently making 40 maps at once).

Is there a work around to accomplish my goal currently? And if not, could the option be added to the Render tool? Thank you!

27 Comments
Eli_B
10 - Fireball

I submitted this idea just about 3 years ago...I think you should change it from a "new idea" to an "ignored idea" maybe...

Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

Just thought to tag @RithiS along with my comment. We're really hoping to see this functionality in the future, as the current Alteryx Render to PDF aspect ratio is outdated and not congruent with any of our current slide designs.

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

Competitors when realizing Alteryx can't output to 16:9 ratio slides...
3.JPG

In all seriousness, I'm getting worried PowerPoint might do away with 4:3 ratio slides & thus Alteryx won't have a PowerPoint output anymore 😭

Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

For what it's worth there is a site called www.convertapi.com which we have successfully implemented on our Gallery instance. It takes PDF and converts it PPTX. In almost all cases it works exactly as we want.

GoroToya
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Rakuten Mobile, Japanese Telecom No1 customer wants this 16:9.

Please update!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

5 years & counting! I'm still holding out hope, you just fixed a PowerPoint bug that's been around for 3+ years (2 annoying popup messages when opening any PP created with Render tool)!

I still think this shouldn't need votes, the product (PowerPoint) has changed (years & years ago) to have its default view meet the industry standard, which is the widescreen view (16:9). Alteryx should recognize that & have its product be able to produce the default/industry standard view.

rohitashsharma
8 - Asteroid

I have also been facing the same issue and have tried everything but never got the output in expected format, my case is also exact similar to where my company has set format and logo on the PPT but Alteryx output doesn't provide or allow to have the output on the set format., please make this happen so we may save time.

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

I'm starting to think that Alteryx doesn't have the ability to fix this, it's just too complicated to figure out apparently. #BringBackNed

harsh_alang
Alteryx
Alteryx

Powerpoint 16:9 Output option is being delivered in 23.2.