Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

PowerPoint 16:9 Widescreen Output Options

Hi,

I'm not finding it anywhere as a current option, but my company uses branded PowerPoint slides using our logo, these slides are in 16.:9 (widescreen) for slide size, but Alteryx won't output to that size even if I choose custom for page size & have Widescreen selected as an option. Could there be an Advanced Options button added that would allow users more output choices, like choosing the 16:9 ratio size output? Without it, I'm having to output the largest map I can create (13 x 9.75 in Report Map tool) and then stretch/shrink to get it to fit the 16:9 slide...for every single map/slide (currently making 40 maps at once).

Is there a work around to accomplish my goal currently? And if not, could the option be added to the Render tool? Thank you!

27 Comments
Bueller18
7 - Meteor

This would be very useful - is there any news on whether this will be implemented?

mvendit5
5 - Atom

It is a topic that I would like to know as well. 

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

Any updates on this? Being 2020 now, I think the 16:9 ratio is kind of the norm, our company doesn't even make templates for the smaller ratio. Forget about the option to have it output to 16:9, it should now be the default. Are there any plans to make this happen?

lheureuxg
7 - Meteor

The fact that this request has been outstanding for two years is distressing. I've recently run into this limitation myself and was hopeful there was a solution; it seems not. Quite disappointing.

Assaf_m
11 - Bolide

Whats the update here?

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

The world is moving (or has already moved) to 16:9 ratio, I don't think this update should require any amount of "Likes" to get worked on. I don't remember Alteryx waiting on likes to get rid of 32bit support; or to add output options to xlsx when it first came out. What is the hesitancy with this natural progression? The 16:9 view has been around for years, when will Alteryx finally be able to utilize it?

ExploreMore
8 - Asteroid

This would be an extremely useful feature to include in Alteryx. Right now a somewhat complicated Mail Merge is a better option for handling data this way.

cleigh
6 - Meteoroid

Somewhat surprised that this is still tagged as a "New Idea"
I can't recall the last time I saw a "Standard" size PowerPoint in a work presentation.
Maybe if we petitioned Microsoft to rename the 16:9 slide size as "Standard", Alteryx would implement the same haha

Jokes aside, I hope the powers that be will recognize the value in taking up this idea.

jvansistine
9 - Comet

How is this still a new idea and not possible?  4:3 hasn't been the default in PPT for almost 10 years (since 2013, I think?) 

Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

Very interested in seeing this upgrade. We encounter the same issues related to templates and our corporate PowerPoint standards as others have mentioned.