Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Power BI Input

To allow users to pull data from Power BI, eg. datasets and usage data, to allow it to be manipulated in Alteryx. 

22 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @lcrosby have you checked out our Power BI tool on the Gallery? Try it out, see if it meets your needs, and if not, we'd love your feedback. Thanks for posting!

lcrosby
7 - Meteor

HI @CristonS ,

Unfortunately not, unless the most recent update has changed its functionality, the tool can only output to Power BI. I want to use the PBI API to pull data from Power BI to get the usage statistics/audit logs for a given report.

It would also be useful to be able to grab a dataset from Power BI, amend/append it and then push it back onto Power BI too.

Thanks,

Leon

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Apologies, I did not know that "working with an existing dataset" is like saying that the Output Data tool can "work with an existing excel file."  As soon as this idea meets the necessary criteria, product management will review it.

AGR8
5 - Atom

We are also very interested in a PowerBI Input tool as well for this same use case. This functionality would be extremely valuable as PowerBI Usage Metrics only offer a snapshot of usage for the past 90 days. There is no way to gather cumulative Power BI Usage data automatically. 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

lucia_haswell
7 - Meteor

Very interested in this!

NidhinGD
7 - Meteor

Looking for a solution -Power BI input tool (To fetch data from Power BI Dataset and table). (not the Power BI output tool that is available)

Lidianovosad
5 - Atom

Very interested in a tool like this!

Jeff1966
5 - Atom

Visualizations already contain data that are calculated.  Most of the time the requests I get are I need the results from this Power BI integrated into another report.  If the other process is already built in Alteryx the ability to pull the existing data from Power BI and pulling it into the existing workflow would be an immense time saver.  Only option at this point is to manually export data from Power BI which is time consuming especially if the dataset contains more rows of data than Power BI allows you to export at a time.

diegolondono70
6 - Meteoroid

I will like this tool to read info from PowerBI.  Some reports contains data extructures inside the flows.