Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Please review the "Insert" (right click) tool category icons in the new UI in 2018.4

Typically I drag tools from the tool pallet to my workflow.  Sometimes, when I need to insert a tool into my workflow, I will right click to get the Insert tool dialog to find the tool I want to insert between two existing tools.  With the new UI, it is hard to see the tool categories as these were redesigned for the darker back ground. The preparation category is sandwiched between 3 other categories that start with "P" and I typically lean on the color/shape of the tool icon to find what I'm looking for.  Now I have to read the text to really know for sure. 

Perhaps you could lightly shade the middle of the tool category icons to make them easier to see or perhaps make the background behind the tool categories match the new toolbar color.  

Tool categories icons are hard to distinguish since they are now just light colored outlines on a light background.Tool categories icons are hard to distinguish since they are now just light colored outlines on a light background.

3 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your feedback on the design changes in 2018.4. I will consider this feedback along with other feedback for future improvements to the design. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

We're changing the icons back to solid fill icons in the next release. This should improve the ability to distinguish the icons at a glance. 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your contribution to the idea board! 

I'm updating the status of this idea to Implemented as this was updated in 2019.1.