The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Please Improve Marketo Connector to Pull Non Lead Objects such as Landing Page & Program Performance, etc.

It appears that the Marketo Input tool only is focused aroudn getting Lead oriented Objects, however since Marketo is a Marketing Automation tool, it has many more objects such as email performance, landing page performance, web activity, program performance, revenue explorer, etc. 

I'd like to vote up this idea of having marketo input connector having access to extrac data from other objects outside leads. 

Here is the latest Marketo Analytics resources that are available.  Anybody else encounter this bottleneck when trying to source the data out of Alteryx? 

5 Comments
PoornimaF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Dear Eric,

Thank you for submitting this suggestion. We plan on enhancing our Marketo connectivity. While we are investigating non-lead objects such as smart lists and campaigns, other non lead objects do not seem to be supported by the Marketo REST API. Therefore, this would need to be enabled by Marketo first. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to explore this further.

Best,
Poornima
pfarrar@alteryx.com
FredericP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
The new Marketo connector available with V10 will let you do that as it is based on REST API. I published a blog post which will guide you through the process: http://insightsthroughdata.com/using-the-new-rest-api-marketo-connector-in-alteryx/
JCR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Per Frederic's comment, the new connector addresses this idea. Changing the status to Available. Please keep sending us feedback and ideas as you experiment with the connectors.

Thanks

JC

nravon
5 - Atom

The only downside I can see with the connector is that it has not way to refresh an access token - which will mean long running jobs will fail with error and never complete

GabrielBaird
5 - Atom

nravon - I just ran into the problem you mentioned: My access token expired and the job quit. It wasn't even that long of a job. Under 45 minutes. I was only pulling back data from 1/2017 through today which is a fraction of what I'd like.