Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Performance profiling for AMP

When I have AMP enabled, I can no longer performance profile my workflows. I get that there may be issues with calculating this across multiple threads but it'd be great to have Performance profiling available for the new engine. 

5 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Balders!

Thank you for submitting your feedback! This idea is the first AMP Engine idea which is exciting, our engine team is looking forward to all the feedback about the new Engine. As for the need for Performance Profiling we gotcha, and we actually touch on this in our help documentation about AMP. Performance Profiling is on the road map currently for AMP and we're happy to update this idea as we get closer to its inclusion in AMP.

Balders
11 - Bolide

Thanks @KylieF !

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello all, 

I wanted to update this post that Performance Profiling with AMP was made available with the 2021.3 Release version. 

Here are the Release Notes: https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/designer/designer-20213-release-notes 

Here is a help article about how Performance Profiling differs with our multi-threaded AMP Engine compared to the original Engine: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/performance-profiling-amp-engine 

TonyaS_0-1636411573896.png

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Balders
11 - Bolide

Thanks @TonyaS !