The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Paste Tools on Canvas at Cursor

Would be great if when copying and pasting tools onto the canvas they would appear next to the cursor, instead of near where they are being copied from. On large workflows it's annoying to copy the tool/s, paste, then drag to their new location.

8 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Agree! You can right click and hit paste and that will paste it where your cursor is at; however, as someone who uses keyboard shortcuts, I still copy and paste with keyboard a lot and then have to drag the tool.

amolieri
5 - Atom

Thanks for the tip! I  never even considered that copy/paste from the menus would work differently than ctrl+c/v. I'm so used to keyboard shortcuts I forget there is another way.

Philip
12 - Quasar

I wish I could add 1,000 stars for this!

PaulRad
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As Patrick mentioned, we allow for pasting where the mouse cursor is located on the canvas, via right-click. We don't have plans to change the current paste function, but will continue to look into how we might improve this function. Thanks! 

PaulRad
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

An update on this request.

Tools will paste at the location of the cursor in the 2019.3 release. Thank you for the suggestion!

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Can't agree enough.  I frequently build on a blank canvas and then copy and paste that small component into a larger workflow.  Half the time I can't find where it went.  The other half of the time it blows up all of my containers.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

This is now available in the 2019.3 release. Download it at http://downloads.alteryx.com