Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

PDF Annotation Tool - Ability to zoom in / out of PDF documents

In the new Intelligence Suite tools the PDF Image Template tool allows a user to select portions of the document to be OCRed downstream by the Image to Text tool, however there is no way to currently zoom in and out of the document to draw the annotations, the only way I have found is to stretch the configuration window and the PDF width will autoscale, but doing so will lose the annotations.

PDF improvements1.gif

So the request is to have zoom in/out and pan options within the configuration pane to improve the UX.

4 Comments
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @cgoodman3 

I would love the ability to zoom in/out on this tool as well without having to do it by resizing the window! This would allow users to see their pdf's more easily without compromising the space they can see on the canvas.

In my experience, however, the fields you have already mapped out are preserved when making the window larger. In your sample video above, I think the issue is that you don't actually name the field and click save before widening the window. If you do this first, it should preserve the field you created. 

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Kenda the gif is a bit of a mistake. It was supposed to focus on the fact that you need to drag the configuration window to the right to make it large enough to accurately select the part of the template. But it does also identify if you select something on the right hand side you need to use the scroll bars to expose the save button to save the configuration otherwise it will be lost.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the feedback!

It's always great to see feedback on our newer products including the Intelligence Suite tools and gifs/images are always appreciated by the product team, especially since this one is highlighting two spots that could need updating. Overall though your idea looks good to product once the necessary like criteria is met. In the mean time, be sure to review our Submission Guidelines if you haven't yet as it actually includes information on how the idea boards work after an idea is submitted as well as before hand.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes