Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Overwrite Table for output/write indb should work if table does not exist

As of today, for a full refresh, I can :

-create a new table

-overwrite a table. (will drop and then create the new table)

But sometimes, the workflow fails and the old table is dropped while the new one is not created. I have to modify the tool (setting "create a new table")to launch it again, which may be a complex process in companies. After that, I have to modify it again back to "overwrite".

What I want :

-create a new table-error if table already exists

-overwrite a table-error if table doesn't exist

-overwrite a table-no error if table doesn't exist (easy in sql : drop if exists...)

Thanks!

3 Comments
simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

NB : I will update this topic in a few days after 2019.1 test. It seems the behaviour has changed. However the idea is still correct.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Similar issue :
Still not ok with sqlite(error when file does not exist) but ok with acces (no error when the file does not exist ). Does not make sense to me. image.png

Can we just implement my idea and say in the output but in which case Alteryx should throw an error and in which case he can create the table? And when the base is embedded, just considering that's like an excel file. So acces and sqlite should have the same option of "replace file and create no one -no error if no files).

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes