Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Output as XML

I have had a number of requests for Alteryx to provide XML as an output format. It would be great to have configuration settings to allow for just text based output:
<Row ID="18606" Order_Priority="Not Specified" Discount="0.01" Unit_Price="2.88" Shipping_Cost="0.5"/>

As well as well formatted output, like this:
<Property>
    <name>measured_depth</name>
    <dataType>FLOAT32</dataType>
    <numberOfDimensions>1</numberOfDimensions>
    <units>m</units>

<data>1456.3453</data>
</Property>
12 Comments
ZoeyL1GL
8 - Asteroid

I hand crafted a macro that transform a flat csv or excel sheet into a 3 levels XML - but it is very restricted to the table structure of the input/output file (will be 3 levels) and not for general use.

DN
8 - Asteroid

hey ZoeyL1GL, can you share your macro so I can see if I can apply to my workflow? I'm dealing with a similar situation that I need to convert csv/excel to xml to process on Workday.