Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Output Tool to Input Tool via Right-Click Menu Option

Dear Alteryx Community,

I've tried my best to make sure this suggestion wasn't posted before so hoping I haven't missed a feature already present in Alteryx or re-posting an idea already submitted.

In any case, there is one operation I do so much that I wonder if it could be made easier.  I would consider myself a very basic Alteryx users so many of my workflows usually end in either Excel files, CSV, or Alteryx Database files. In any case, here is what I would love (if possible)

In my workflow, I wish I could Right-click on my Output Tool using a file-based output such as Excel, .csv, .yxdb and have a R-Click menu option which said "Start Workflow".  This would open a new Workflow with one input tool already present with a the path being the same as what was in the Output tool that I right-clicked on.

So many times I create an output and then need to use that output.  This usually means I have to copy/paste the path, create an Input Tool and paste that path in.  Would be so many easier if a few of these steps could be done automatically.

Otherwise, if the community knows a simpler/better way...I'm would love to know.

Thanks in advance

Amar

4 Comments
ken_yap_au
8 - Asteroid
AmarKap
6 - Meteoroid

Yes you are quite right.  I'm not sure how I missed that one.  Indeed that idea is mostly what I am wanting and it seems like we'll see an implementation of it soon.  That is great.  Thank you for letting me know.

I'm not how to close this thread/topic.

Again, my thanks.

Amar

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

As you've probably seen from the other post @AmarKap this has already been implemented - Fantastic idea!

@KylieF ✔️

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Good stuff! This idea was implemented in 2019.3, thank you for your feedback and being a part of the Alteryx Community!