The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Output Tool to Input Tool via Right-Click Menu Option

Dear Alteryx Community,

I've tried my best to make sure this suggestion wasn't posted before so hoping I haven't missed a feature already present in Alteryx or re-posting an idea already submitted.

In any case, there is one operation I do so much that I wonder if it could be made easier.  I would consider myself a very basic Alteryx users so many of my workflows usually end in either Excel files, CSV, or Alteryx Database files. In any case, here is what I would love (if possible)

In my workflow, I wish I could Right-click on my Output Tool using a file-based output such as Excel, .csv, .yxdb and have a R-Click menu option which said "Start Workflow".  This would open a new Workflow with one input tool already present with a the path being the same as what was in the Output tool that I right-clicked on.

So many times I create an output and then need to use that output.  This usually means I have to copy/paste the path, create an Input Tool and paste that path in.  Would be so many easier if a few of these steps could be done automatically.

Otherwise, if the community knows a simpler/better way...I'm would love to know.

Thanks in advance

Amar

4 Comments
ken_yap_au
8 - Asteroid
AmarKap
6 - Meteoroid

Yes you are quite right.  I'm not sure how I missed that one.  Indeed that idea is mostly what I am wanting and it seems like we'll see an implementation of it soon.  That is great.  Thank you for letting me know.

I'm not how to close this thread/topic.

Again, my thanks.

Amar

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

As you've probably seen from the other post @AmarKap this has already been implemented - Fantastic idea!

@KylieF ✔️

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Good stuff! This idea was implemented in 2019.3, thank you for your feedback and being a part of the Alteryx Community!