Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Order Active Documents based on order of tabs on display not alphabetical order

Hi Dev team,

As well as this much needed UI feature to scroll through workflows https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Scrolling-functionality-added-to-Workflow-sh...

Could you please change the order of workflow names in the 'Active Documents' button to be ordered in the same order as the workflow tabs and not alphabetically as it currently is?

When you have more than 5 workflows open (or less if they have long names) it's so tricky to quickly and easily cycle through them to find the ones you need. This is especially important when demoing, training and presenting to others!

Picture1.png

Thanks,

Joe

4 Comments
Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

yes yes yes! long names and alphabetical, just doesn't make it as easy as it should be. (maybe this could be a switch in the user settings, to allow for user preference :))

Gopinaath
8 - Asteroid

great idea Joe. I never thought about tabbing to switch workflows. I didnt come across this issue before as I usually use the mouse to switch workflows but now you mention it, it is annoying. 

For additional context for readers who are unaware of the keyboard shortcut to cycle through workflow tabs: for PCs, it is Ctrl+Tab. I am anti-Apple and dont use Macs so I dont know the Mac keyboard shortcut. Mac users: please comment the Mac shortcut if you know.

As samanthaj mentioned, I agree this should be a user preference. However, I wonder how many people would actually prefer tabbing in alphabetical order. Alphabetical tab order does not seem intuitive to me. Open to anyone stating why they would prefer alphabetical order.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for your feedback!

We'll be updating the active documents display in an upcoming release. We'll update this idea again once the release containing this feature is available for download.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for suggesting this! We have implemented this for the 20.2 release, with the active document list now ordered in the same order as the workflow tabs. You can download the 20.2 release at http://downloads.alteryx.com/