Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Option to enable specific output tools only

In a similar vein to the forthcoming enhancement of being able to disable a specific output tool, my idea is to have the inverse where you can globally disable all outputs and then enable specific ones only. This should help reduce the number of clicks required/avoid workarounds using containers to obtain this functionality and allow users to be very specific in which outputs run and don't run as required.

8 Comments
marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I see the benefit of this when debugging a workflow with many outputs distributed throughout the workflow. It would be much faster and less painful to disable everything and then re-enable just one.

This could be added as an option when clicking the right button in an output tool to enable or disable the selected tool.

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This makes a lot of sense, I support.

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Great idea! And if this enable/disable populates in the workflow XML like all the other configurations, there will be a multitude of dynamic possibilities. 

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Great idea! It's a pain currently having to put outputs you don't want to run in containers to disable. Having the option if all outputs are disabled to enable just one / two / three etc. and having the option to disable just one / two / three I think would be really useful too.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

saiirangam
8 - Asteroid

Great Idea

Taylor_S
8 - Asteroid

Love this for debugging purposes!

Skashyap
5 - Atom