The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Option to Delete column from select tool

It would be great if there was an option to delete an expected column from a select tool. Sometimes I have to do a lot of work to rename different columns and would love to be able to copy & paste a select tool to partner with a slightly different input file. It would be great to delete an expected column, so I would not be forced to unselect the column to prevent error (I'd rather have the column treated as an *unknown) and I could use the remaining columns which are still applicable.

3 Comments
kane_glendenning
10 - Fireball
Hi AJ,

I think that you are talking about the situation where the field that is missing appears as yellow and will show up as a warning in the Output. This can be resolved in the Select tool by clicking "Options > Forget All Missing Fields".

Thanks,
Kane
ajwilkin
7 - Meteor
I'll give it a go. Thank you.
ajwilkin
7 - Meteor
That totally worked, glad to have learned the trick. Thank you.

I would still like to see an option to delte individually manually, as sometimes I have some fields that may be missing, but I'll want to turn on/off or rename if they are present (depending on containers open etc.)

Thanks again.