The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

One button to show results in new window

Dear Alteryx Gods, I beseech thee!

The most common use of the Browse tool in the Alteryx Designer is to pop the results out into a full window. Can we PLEASE have a single button to do this rather than this functionality being hidden under the action menu?

M.

4 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @mceleavey, thanks for your feedback! What do you envision this looking like? The current options are New Window (All Records) and New Window (Selected Records) - all records could be quite sizable, but users may not have any records selected. I'm curious to know more about what you'd find useful in this scenario?

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CristonS ,

to be honest, the only one that is ever used is New Window (All Records). I might be wrong, but I've never used anything else and I've never seen anyone use anything else.

It would just be nice to have that button.

Happy to be corrected, but even if that has ever been used, the most common by multiple factors is New Window (All Records).

Cheers,

M.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Alteryx Gods, I have an amendment to this.

Having thought about this further, would it be possible to have the window for all records simply pop out when the browse tool is double-clicked?

That would make my life 1.46% better than it currently is.

**lights candle to the Alteryx gods**

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes