Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Numbering of Split Files (Max Records)

Hi Alteryx 🙂

When you set maximum records per file, the filename gets _# appended.  Great!  But in reality you get:

Filename.csv

Filename_1.csv

Filename_2.csv

The first filename doesn't get a number.  I think that it should.

Cheers,

Mark

9 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

or at least be an option!

Agree with you Mark.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SeanAdams ,

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

or even the "_0" prefix would suffice if we are sticking with a 0 based id system. My only thought is that it would have to have some sort of lookahead function in the output tool so that if there isn't supposed to be a 2nd file, then keep the naming structure minus the suffix. That way we don't get a single file with MyFileName_1.csv as the output. that would be ideal i think. Or @MarqueeCrew (#DataTrendsetter) would you rather output the _1 to the first and only file?  

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jarrod (#AlteryxGrandPrixWinner)

or we could have a number Dropdown to choose 0 or 1?  So many product choices.  Maybe this should be a Crew macro? 

cheers,

mark (aka #datatrendsetter)

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Definitely could be a crew macro - probably even better functionality that way anyway - can all of the output options be exposed though... hmmm just thinking - it'd be cool if a macro could have the same output options as the output tool (as a question)...

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

All output methods are numbered. But numbered databases shouldn't be supported. I think that flat, csv are the primary use cases. Which others do you think?

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I've used max records in yxdb, csv and flat that i can think of, but i wonder if shp/tab should be supported as well.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We appreciate your idea and feedback! We strive to improve our product and insure our users are being heard. Make sure to check out our Submission Guidelines and check out ideas submitted by other users and the other idea boards.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes