Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

New drag and drop file types

I would like to see more files types supported to be able to be dragged from a folder onto a workflow. More precisely a .txt and a .dat file. This will greatly help my team and I do be able to analyze new and unknown data files that we receive on a daily basis.  

Thank you. 

5 Comments
jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx

So if you dragged a .txt or .dat file onto the canvas, it would create an Input Data and pop up the Resolve File Type dialog that occurs when you select a text file with that tool?

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Drag and drop support for .txt and .dat files is now being tested and will be available in an upcoming release.

CBJohnson
6 - Meteoroid

@JPoz Yes. Being able to drag and drop those file types just like a .csv or a excel file. That is great news. Look forward to it! 

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

This is now available in the 2019.3 release. Download it at http://downloads.alteryx.com

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @Travis_M, thanks for posting! I am going to move your question to the Designer Discussion forum where it will get more visibility and faster answers.