The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Multiple text formats within comment boxes

I love that Alteryx lends itself to good workflow documentation, but I'd really like to be able to add a bit of basic formatting within my comment boxes. I tend to have one large (read: verbose) box at the top/beginning of the workflow describing the purpose of the workflow and quirks of the datasource to watch out for, and it would be easier to read these if I had some simple options like Bold, Italic, Underline, numbered list, bullet list. You know, the sorts of things you can do in basic HTML email? Those. I want them!

11 Comments
Philip
12 - Quasar

I completely agree! I'd love to format the documentation of my workflows. It would help important things stand out, and build a visual hierarchy of information elements.

Aamir
7 - Meteor

I get around this by using multiple comment tools and removing the shape element from it to do formatting like bold titles and paragraph style body. Not ideal - but gets the job done.

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Inactive

Community_Admin
Alteryx
Alteryx

The status of this idea has been changed to 'Inactive'. This status indicates that:

1. The idea has not had activity in the form of likes or comments in over a year.

2. The idea has not reached ten likes.

3. The idea is still in the 'New Idea' status. 

However, this doesn't mean your idea won't be implemented! The Community can still like and comment on this idea. With enough renewed interest, this idea can be brought back into the 'New Idea' status. 

Thank you for contributing to the Alteryx Community and the Alteryx Product Idea Boards!

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This should have more than 5 likes!!

🙂

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

This is seriously not something that we can do....still?! No way, i'm being obtuse in my comment box right? 

Maybe it's been implemented post 2019.4 (my current version)??

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @davidhenington!

I just check on my version (2020.3) and it does unfortunately look like this isn't a current functionality. And due to this idea being set to Inactive, it hasn't been included in our feedback process, likely due to like of engagement at the time the status was updated. However should this idea get a bit more engagement, I'll be able to return it back to a new idea and where it can be included in the product feedback loop via Community!

Thank you!

davidhenington
10 - Fireball

Hi @KylieF , thanks so much! I’ll see if I can get some folks to pile on, this sure would be a fantastic improvement! 

lff
5 - Atom

I'd like to see that happening! Additionally, it would be great for labels in apps as well. With bold text I could emphasize instructions for other users.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @lff, we have gotten a bit of recent interest in this idea, so with a few more likes we can bring it back into the feedback loop. If you support this idea, please "like" it - and check out other users' ideas and like the ones you want to see implemented in the product! Thanks for your engagement.