Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Multiple attachments to a single email

I believe that in addition to the already suggested idea of having an option to avoid sending one email per record, the attachments capability should be overhauled. Sending multiple attachments in a single email is a common need, but the only Community idea is a partial address of the issue by requesting an ability to use semi-colon separated paths in a single field as the attachment criterion. This doesn't seem to be an optimal method given the potential usefulness of the tool and ease of use considerations. 

I think that a full solution should include:

• The capability to select a (file paths) field of all desired attachments which can then be uploaded into a single email
  • The ability to use wildcards or directories in the file input mode (as you find in the Input Tool) in order to upload multiple attachments to a single email)

This would be a transformative solution to a common email need, and I think greatly appreciated!

4 Comments
adriansilk
6 - Meteoroid

I notice the community idea https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Email-Tool-Multiple-attachments-using-semi-c...  has been closed because it didn't reach ten likes.

I can't find any other threads on this?, but I think being able to specify (delimited, wildcarded and/or path-driven) mulitple attachments into a single email is a highly desirable feature.

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

I agree! This would be super helpful.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

pfiskrat
7 - Meteor

This would be very helpful!

I had 4 email attachment paths that may be null (dynamic file names not created from upstream formula tools due to no records). Email tool errors out when one of the 4 attachments path is null.

After some research I discovered a solution to create a macro to modify the XML of the Email tool, but if I could have just passed a single list of paths to be attached to the email that would have solved this much quicker!